Professional painters in Clearwater can accomplish a home maintenance services job precisely and in a short period of time. Well, that’s because we do it everyday and have seen every possible scenario and every challenge from stucco surfaces to painting over old walnut paneling to the freedom of brand new, freshly-taped dry wall.
If you want to tackle a painting job yourself, just a few home painting tips to get started:
- Clean the surfaces of any grease, grime, or dust; otherwise the paint won’t adhere properly or cover evenly.
- Vacuum and clean all woodwork. The Mr. Clean Magic Eraser works well after all the dust is removed.
- Try to move as much furniture as possible into the middle of the room so you have less to move back when the job is complete. Be sure any mirror or glass surfaces are facing inward so you don’t accidentally send the extension rod crashing through anything!
- Taping around windows and between walls and woodwork is one of the most essential steps. Take your time with this, it will make a big difference in the professional quality of the job.
- Don’t skimp on the paint brush or the roller. Buy the right brush for the type of paint you are using. A cheap paintbrush with poor quality bristles will haunt you for the entire project.
- Never use any tape other than painter’s tape, it comes in various widths and suitable for specific jobs. You may have masking tape or duct tape in the house but you’ll deeply regret it once you try to remove it.
- Always use drop cloths no matter how good you think you are.
- Always have both a wet rag and a dry one close by.
- Have plenty of your favorite music ready to go.
- Invite over a friend who owes you a favor!
We’ll have more painting tips coming up. To make the whole thing less of a chore, do all the prep work the day before and pre-set the work stage so you can begin first thing the next day. It will make a big difference in your attitude and energy level!